Friday, November 23, 2012

November 23 2012

I'm starting this blog in hopes to inspire others like me. My story is pretty basic, but I have a hard time finding others with a similar story to mine.








I grew up always being the "fat" friend. It started when my best friend moved away and I sat home and ate and watched tv more than anything. This September I vowed to lose the excess weight for good. I have had great results so far and hope to inspire others like me to do the same. I have been trying dieting and exercising programs for a very long time. Nothing ever clicked until I realized that I am in control. I needed to realize that there must be a balance between diet and exercise and that one cannot over compensate for the other. For now I am giving up a lot of treats, but not because some crazy crash diet says I have to. I am giving up things I enjoy right now to gain new habits that I enjoy that are going to help me to live a long and healthy life. I will have ice cream and chips one day, just not today and I am ok with this. So please join me on the rest of my journey. I'm sorry I started without you, but my pictures will bring you up to date.





This is my very first progress photo. I started in on September 6th 2012. I did a 30 day schedule with Tony Horton's Ten Minute Trainer. I would do anywhere from 1-3 workouts a day and usually did 2. I did not weigh myself on that first day, but I estimate myself to have been at 230 lbs. I have not shared my exact weight to anyone yet and this is really tough but I know that I can do it now because it just keeps going down. At the second picture my weight was 225lbs. The Ten Minute Trainer is definitely a program that I recommend to anyone just starting out. I was very large and they were movements that even I could do. I definitely sweat, but that let me know that it's working. I did not take measurement on day 1 either. I took measurements on October 4th and saw great results in November.




This was made after I completed Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I started at 225lbs and ended at 220lbs. Five pounds is my monthly goal. I have hit this goal every month so far. This month I am right on track to reach my goal and possibly hopefully more. I have lost 4lbs so far this month and I have another 2 weeks before that monthly weigh in. I am so thrilled with my results so far and I know I am  going to continue to work hard and eat well each month. 

I am taking this a month at a time. You may see me and think that I have a long way to go and I know this, but I look at this and love to see how far I have come! In June of 2012 I was at my heaviest weight of 245lbs. Since then I am down 29lbs! I would say that is a pretty amazing thing! If I can do it, I know you can do it to! This is where I am at now! Last January I around 220, it's amazing what 5 lbs can do!


No comments:

Post a Comment